1. When is the race?
The 2023 event will be held on 31st December 2023 at 11am
2. How many entries are there?
There will be a maximum number of 650 entries.
3. What is the minimum age for marathon participants?
Entrants must be at least 15 years old on race day
4. When does race registration open?
Entries open at 08.00am on Saturday 14th October 2023 for the first 500, then the additional 150 in November.
5.How do I enter?
Click on the entry link on the race website here
6. What is the race entrance fee?
Entries are £18 affiliated and £20 unaffiliated
7. Can I use my iPod or MP3 player on race day?
Under no circumstances will headphones be permitted on the day. This includes bone conducting headphones. The roads are not closed, this is to ensure runner safety.
Any runner seen to be using headphones, will be disqualified and no official time recorded. Our race referee will make the final decision on these matters.
8. I am quite a slow runner, what is the cut off time?
Whilst this is slightly flexible, we ask runners to ensure they can complete the 10k distance in 80 minutes. This is for marshal welfare on a cold December day and to allow the sweep vehicle to remove course signage in good time.
9. I would like to volunteer on the day, how do I register?
We always welcome volunteers - please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
to register interest
10. I didn't receive an email confirming I have a place?
Please contact our chip entry company who administer these matters: email@example.com
11. I can no longer run in the event, do you have a deferral policy?
Entries cannot be deferred. Please see question 14 regarding transfers.
12. What is the refund policy?
No refunds are offered.
13. Can I transfer my number to someone else?
Entries can be transferred by following the guidance on your entry e mail by a specific deadline of 27th December 2023. Entries cannot be transferred on the day - we will not be flexible with this.
14. Can I make changes to details on my registration, if so, how?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
regarding these matters
15. When do I receive my race pack and timing chip?
Numbers and ankle chips can be picked up on the morning of the race from the event HQ. These must be picked up before 10.45am.
16. Is there a baggage store?
No. Bags can be left in the village hall at the owner's risk. These will not be manned.
17. Will there be post-race massage available?
18. Where does the race start?
The race will start at precisely 11am on the High Street, Little Downham, which will be clearly marked by a very loud bagpiper.
19. Where can I park?
Please see map online that displays where parking is available. We ask runners to try and car share and to park in a considerate manner, respecting local residents.
20. What drinks facilities are available on the course?
There will be a water station at the 5km mark in Pymoor.
21. Is the course the same as last year?
The course is the same as in previous years.
22. Will there be mile or kilometre markers?
There will be KM markers along the course.
23. Are there road closures in force throughout the course?
The road will be closed for the event start. The remainder of the roads will be open throughout the route. All runners must keep left and follow marshal instructions where required for safety.
24. What toilet provision is available on the course
There are no toilets on the course but there will be facilities available in the Village Hall, portaloos and the Cricket Pavilion.
25. Can I run in fancy dress?
It's New Years Eve, of course!
26. What happens if I am unable to complete the course?
Please make yourself known to the nearest available marshal, who will ensure you are picked up either by your family or the sweeper vehicle.
27. Can I support my partner or friend on a bike?
No - you can only partake in the route if you have a paid entry and you must be on foot. Any runners partaking without a paid entry will be banned from future events.
28. What prizes are awarded?
There are prizes for first finishing male and females and age group winners.
29. Can I run with my dog?
No. We can no longer allow participants to run with pushchairs, dogs, horses, ferrets, chickens....only fellow humans.
30. What will I receive at the finish?
You will be greeted with a smile, water, beer or soft drink and a chip recorded finisher's time and position - all ready to bring in the new year!